Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Freezer Smoothies


I make smoothies very simply. I never measure so this is a guess at the exact ingredients.

1 cup of frozen strawberries or blueberries or 1/2 cup of both
1/2 cup of frozen/peeled chopped banana
1 cup (or so) of Milk
1 T. of sugar (optional)
3 ice cubes (optional)

I just put this in my blender and run it until it is smooth. This usually makes about 2 really good size smoothies or 4 smaller size smoothies. If it is too thick I just add more milk. If it is not sweet enough for me I might add a little more sugar.

I don't usually make mine with protein powder, but you could put that in there or put 1 T. of peanut butter as well which is yummy too!

You can freeze these in ice cube trays and then use about 1/2 the cubes for 1 smoothie. Or you can freeze them in freezer bags and allow to thaw a little bit on the counter and pour it into your glass in the morning.

Obviously you can use any number of fruit combinations. Some people use yogurt and milk or just yogurt. I have done both, but I find milk works just as well.

No comments: