Monday, June 2, 2008

June Cooking Club

This month we are going to be picking strawberries. I believe this will happen this coming weekend. Remember to bring your coolers packed with ice and your meals to the strawberry picking. Maybe try some recipes that would be good on the grill since it is grilling season. Below are some ideas. With these you could put all of the ingredients in a bag or foil packet and then thaw overnight in the fridge and grill!

Grilled Chicken Breast with BBQ Glaze
Smokin' Chicken Kabobs - I'm sure you can substitute veggies of your choice that freeze well
Beef Kabobs
Grilled Ginger Salmon
Grilled Steak Soft Taco
Shrimp Robby
Veggie Burger
Lemon Pepper Chicken

Also, don't forget how to make strawberry jam.

1 comment:

Vintage Krista said...

Wish I could come, but am out of town on business Mon - Thurs, and am just going to spend my Friday relaxing and enjoying being home instead of cooking ... but I wanted to let you all know that I gave last month's frozen meals to my Grandma (her husband just passed away the week before), and she has loved everything! (My dad actually commented that he hasn't "seen her eat like that in years.") Enjoy the strawberries and I will join you next month!